Well 2013 was quite a year and there's no point in going over my aims for 2013 because with all the upset I had at the beginning of the year, I didn't complete all my Crazy January 2013 projects or any of the other ones. I didn't do too badly though and had 13 finishes and made progress on all of my WIP's. I also had quite bad luck with my stitching and caused damaged to two projects one beyond repair and one I was able to fix, that coupled with working on such a difficult project as my Butterfly one could have caused me to feel a little non-motivated but I am very excited for 2014.
I am going to be taking part in the Crazy January Challenge again which involve fifteen new starts on the first fifteen days of January. However I am going to be doing it a little differently this year because of the second group I am joining. I am including in my Crazy Challenge a combination of WIP's, UFO's and new starts from kits I already have. This is because I am taking part in Stitch from Stash 2014 which you can read about here. It's a brilliant idea as I, like a lot of you have so many kits and so much stash that I want to start. The basic idea is to spend no more than $25 a month on stitching stash (it can roll over). That works out as £15.10, which won't be easy as everything is so much more expensive over here but you do get a cheat month so I think I can do it, I'll try anyway.
It excludes magazine subscriptions, which I have a couple of. One of which is a part-work which helps to create a quilt, and I am looking forward to showing how I am progressing with that one next year.
So, here is my list of aims for 2014:
Crazy January Challenge (not in order)
1. DMC Christmas Dog (New Start, to complete)
2. DMC Christmas Cat (New Start, to complete)
3. ANCHOR Backstitch Tree (New Start, to complete)
4. John Clayton Elegance: Thomas (New Start, to complete)
5. LANARTE Butterfly (New Start, to complete)
6. Christmas Pudding (New Start, to complete)
7. Fractal Bookmark 322 (WIP, complete page 2)
8. Fractal Bookmark 268 (WIP, complete page 3)
9. Fractal Bookmark 292 (WIP, complete page 4)
10. HAED Trick or Treat Freebie (WIP, complete page 2)
11. HAED Literate Dragon (Restart, complete page 1)
12. Kingfisher (UFO from last years CJC, to complete)
13. Linen Butterflies (WIP, to complete)
14. November (New Start, to complete)
15. Dolphins (WIP, FOCUS Project for year, to complete)
1. Secret project that will be revealed later in the year but I have already bought all the materials.
2. Complete five parts of Around the World by Papillon Creations (I am woefully behind but some progress is better than none.
I think that's more than enough to be getting on with haha. I like to aim high !!!
Happy Stitching Everybody and a very Happy New Year !!