This week I have finished the June part of the Oakhaven Sal for 2012. These sew up really quick and was a welcome relief after the complexities of the Papillon Creations SAL:
I also finished a project that I used to have as a morning project. I have not really been sticking to my old routine of stitching whilst doing all the Hen party and wedding sewing so I pulled this one out to get finished. It was a nice design to stitch but the backstitch was a bit needlessly complicated. I think the same effect could have been achieved a lot simpler. I also liked the border which has a line of French knots as an inner border. I really liked how that turned out:
76 stitches wide by 60 stitches high
recommended DMC thread
random 28 count linen from stash
freebie from DMC website
I have also been doing some practise Hardanger and feel confident enough now to attempt it on the Papillon SAL part two which I intend to start as part of this month’s IHSW (can’t believe it is that time already, click on the link in my sidebar to find out more!!!) I would like to have most of the first tulip done by Monday but we shall see !!!
Happy Stitching Everybody !!
P.S. Don’t forget when I reach 100 followers I will have a giveaway !!